Toowong Baptist Church – COVID SAFEPLAN
Church Service Plan
International (English) Service –Sunday 9am
Cantonese Service – Sunday 10:45am
Mandarin Service – Sunday 4pm ***
COVIDSafe Responsible Persons/ Warden
– Each Congregation Deaconate would nominate 2 representatives to fulfill the role.
– Coordinate attendees to complete pre & post service cleaning.
– Remind all attendees to fill-in the Attendee Register
Before the Church Service:
-Pre-service cleaning is complete
-COVIDsafe Warden is easily identifiable
– Welcoming team/ Ushers are trained in screening and COVID safe practice
– The attendee register is set up where required (ideally each person family should use their own pen.)
– Appropriate hand sanitation is set up in a prominent location/s
– A seating plan is established at 1.5 meters apart. Adequate plan are in place to ensure social distancing such as 1 family per row, or 2 spare seats between each family group.
During the Service:
– When people arrive, they should wait in a line at least 1.5 meters apart if there is a queue to get in.
– On entry, all attendees are asked to take their forehead temperature, and asked if they have experienced any COVID/ Flu- like symptoms in the past two weeks. If yes, (or if, forehead temperature is 38o C or above,) the respective attendees should be informed that they will be UNABLE to attend unless cleared by doctors.
– All attendees are required to complete “Attendee Register“, which will require them to put down their basic contact details.
– No printed bulletin will be distributed at church, attendees are encourage to view the weekly bulletin on church website. (www.toowongbc.org.au)
– No offering bags will be passing around during the service, instead members are encouraged to put their offerings in one of the following options: 1) Offering Box, 2) Online bank transfer, or 3) via bank card .
- Attendees should always follow the COVIDSafe practices, including
- Practice social distancing at a minimum of 1.5 meters at all times.
- No physical greetings or exchanges such as, handshakes or hugs
- Wash hands and maintain good hygiene practices.
- Sneezing/ Coughing into your elbow.
- Congregation ‘s COVID Safe Wardens are responsible for monitoring attendee numbers to ensure maximums are not exceeded.
After the Service:
- The Attendee Register will be stored in a secured place that can only be accessed by the COVID Safe team.
- COVID Safe Warden to coordinate church attendees to complete post- service cleaning.
- We will not be providing or facilitating communal refreshments, including tea and coffee, or water stations. This includes disposable cups and stirrer options (e.g. food, tea & coffee).
– Pastors and Stewards should wash their hands with sanitizer and wear gloves before distributing communion.
– Disposable cups will be used, instead of the usual communion glass cups.
– Wear gloves when cleaning and discard after each use.
– Use detergent/cleaning products to thoroughly clean all surfaces, including all items, chairs and tables that have been used during the meeting/service.
For more information see the Safe Work Australia website:
– The Church also has hired professional cleaning service to clean the church premises on a weekly basis, and extra attention has been focused on the common areas and the handrails.
TBC COVID Safe Plan for Kids Church:
- There will be a COVID safe warden present during children programs
- Pre-service message will be sent to parents to remind them not to bring unwell children into class
- Children will be taken to wash their hands before the lesson and as required by the leaders
- Temperature monitoring and cleaning protocol as mentioned in the TBC COVID Safe Plan
- Hand sanitisers are available in class and children are encouraged to use them after arts/crafts, games, and as needed
- Social distancing requirements apply as per QB guideline
Above Information is adopted from Baptist Insurance Services – COVIDSAFE PLAN FOR CURCH PREMISES
-教會將暫時停止使用奉獻袋，會衆請把奉獻1. 放入奉獻箱；2. 網上銀行轉帳； 3. 銀行卡轉帳
更詳盡信息請瀏覽SAFE WORK AUSTRALIA網站：